Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Review from May 26 - June 12, 2005

    First, since it's fresh on my mind, I believe I did take blood pressures on the mornings of May 26th, 27th and June 1st, but this blood pressure cuff only holds 20 readings, so I screwed myself by not keeping up with stats. I have a vague memory, though, of being surprised and pleased at my mother's "normally" low readings on those mornings. You'll notice, however, that I began, soon after, taking her blood pressure with abandon, sometimes before meals or immediately upon arising, sometimes not. I am beginning to think that it may be a good idea, for awhile, anyway, to boost her to 5 mg lisinopril twice a day. I'm hoping I can convince the FNP to prescribe it as two 2.5 mg tablets twice a day...that way, if she moves more, as is beginning to happen, finally, if her blood pressure begins to recede, I can cut her back without having to split tiny, fragile pills, which inevitably crumble during the process.
    You'll probably notice that there are gaps in taking her stats. I try not to punch her too much and if I should forget or forego blood glucose readings for a day or two, I don't worry about it. Normally. I have noticed, though, lately, a bit of a rise in the morning, so I've been punching her a bit more frequently than usual, trying to check out glucose readings throughout the day. Some of the higher readings can be attributed to desserts she's been requesting a little more than occasionally, and with which I've been treating her. But, during the Christmas season when this was happening she usually came in "normal" in the morning. This hasn't been happening lately. It has, though, been a bear to get her to move, as well, lately. More about that in what will soon be the latest post over at The Mom & Me Journals dot Net to which the previous link will take you, once I finish it.
    Otherwise, "stuff and things", as my mother would say, have been proceeding normally. Her Bowel Movements have been, mostly, regular as clockwork, although over the last three weeks I've had to administer Phillip's Milk of Magnesia three times, just to make sure she stays regular. Once, as it turned out, she didn't need it, but, it really out the detritus the next day. I've been assiduous about giving her olives, but getting her to move has been a problem and she's been sleeping so much lately, absolutely stubborn about not rising until she goddamn well feels like it, that, of course, hydration has been a bit of a problem. I think these two situations have been the primary factors is her slight constipation of late.
    Well, since I feel like it, tonight, I think I'll go on over to the main journal and do a little entering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home