Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Combined BM No Stat Days: 1/25 - 1/26/06

1/25/06
    My inspired venturing through the wee hours of the morning kept my mother arising hourly throughout the night to check on what I was doing. Thus, she didn't get much sleep. After I finally went to bed at 0500 I didn't awaken until 1250. I let her sleep as long as she felt she needed. She was shuffling into her bathroom at 1345; thus she didn't eat breakfast until about 1445. I suggested we abandon statting (she's always in favor of this) and eat when and what we feel like throughout the day, making sure she gets her last dose of pills (excluding her bedtime lisinopril) about 7-8 hours after her first dose. So far she's had breakfast, a snack of left over home made ham salad, a glass of V-8 juice and a handful of Doritos Nacho Cheese chips, all of them separated from one another by at least an hour, sometimes more. Around 2200 we had 1/8 slice of home made apple/raisin/pecan pie; she had unwhippped whipping cream poured over the top.
    Bowel Movement occurred at 2310: Poor volume; rocky consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

1/26/06
    Dinner (only meal recorded): A burger and fries from Carl's Jr. I wasn't into cooking and wasn't hungry so I allowed Mom to choose whatever fast food she wanted.
    Bowel Movement occurred at 2310 - 2325: She was blocked with hard little shit balls for a few minutes. I had her rise and I rolled a few of them out. Once those were gone, her movement was fairly good volume; good consistency; easy elimination, slightly smeary clean-up. While she was on the toilet she asked for some Phillip's. I gave her two tablespoons. I usually don't give her this much, but she and I have been having fluid battles for the last couple of days. I gave her a short lecture last night and again tonight about this being the wages of refusing liquids. Last night, of course, she didn't have a problem eliminating but she eliminated shit rocks. Tonight she was blocked by the shit rocks she didn't eliminate last night. Behind them, though, was easily eliminated, moisture rich loaf shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home