Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1330
    Reading:  142
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1418
    BP:  122/63
    Pulse:  59

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2100
    Reading:  177
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2057
    BP:  137/60
    Pulse:  54

    I know why her BG was high this morning: The Mac & Cheese from last night. It always does that. I have no idea why it was so high this evening. Today even included yet another walkering stint on the driveway.
    I did substitute polish sausage for bacon, but that normally doesn't do it. We did finish off the spice cake instead of having toast, but it was a small piece and we haven't had that reaction before. No lunch, as well, not even peanuts. She wasn't interested. Who knows. The vagaries of blood sugar, I guess.
    For dinner we had roast chicken with Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice (original recipe) with added chopped green olives, very lightly steamed broccoli and home made Hollandaise.
    No bowel movement. I mention this because I was expecting a small end to yesterday's excellent clean-out movement. Although I mentioned I was going to start giving her another tablespoon of Benefiber in her evening liquid, I didn't actually remember to start that until tonight. We'll see how this works, from the point of view of keeping colon from being challenged by rock-shit.
    She mentioned she was feeling a little achey in the hips; from the walkering, even though it wasn't much, I'm sure. She refused any analgesics, though.
    She retired at 2345. Her light went out at 0015, 6/16/06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home