Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

BM Half Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1455
    Reading:  146
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2051
    Reading:  150
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    As she continues to answer Calls of Nature at night after going to bed, her arisings happen later, but so do her bedding downs. Tonight, for instance, as I write this, it is 0249, 12/13/06, and she is sitting in her rocker eating dessert, a slice of the frozen Mud Slide Brownie. I gave her an extra 10 mg glipizide to cover it. It'll be interesting to see what her blood glucose is like whe she arises later today (I'm sure that arising will not happen before noon). This is the first night she's stayed up this late. I wasn't surprised when she said she was hungry. I, of course, suggested some pickles and maybe some crackers and cheese left over from dinner tonight. Nope, she said, "I need something sweet." So, I guess you could say she has had three meals, today.
    Breakfast: Normal holiday breakfast.
    Lunch: None, just coffee.
    Dinner: We received a Swiss Colony meat and cheese basket as a gift today. I prepared plates from it with sliced cheese, meat, crackers, pickles, olives and added slices of a pear I picked up from the natural foods market that I wanted to try. Mom's plate, in particular, was particularly hefty, as she loves this kind of food and I wanted to give her a chance to try everything. I didn't expect her to clean her plate, but she did. And, now, she's just finished off that piece of brownie!
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1430: Good volume; good consistency, a little smeary; very easy elimination. Very easy clean-up.
    She's just now announcing that she feels like she might be ready for bed, and that she doesn't think she'll be reading in bed tonight. It is now 0257, 12/13/06. I'll report on her final retirement when I arise, probably just slightly before noon, tomorrow.
    Light out immediately after retiring, at 0310.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home