Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, December 25, 2006

BM Half Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  0616
    Reading:  137
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  Not taken.

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2013
    Reading:  127
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    My voiced intention was not to take stats today; a combination of "I don't want to know" and "It won't matter anyway" attitude. Beneath this, though, was the absolute intention of taking her BG in the morning, just to pinpoint the starting gate. I was pleased with its location.
    Throughout the day she took all her regular medication, plus an extra 10 mg glipizide around noon when she ate a hardy lunch including crackers. She also had three 10 mg lisinopril, although I wasn't about to hassle with taking her BP, the last just before she retired. It's enough of a hassle on a morning when we're not rushed.
    Breakfast involved eggs scrambled with fried bulk sage pork sausage and MPBIL's Southwestern Fire seasoning, a piece of toasted low carb bread with Vietnamese Cinnamon, her aloe vera gel, no orange juice (I probably would have given her some if her BG had been lower than 110). Thus, I forgot her daily fiber. She's just been skimming the Appropriate Fluid Amounts over the last few days, so I may pay for this, but she seemed well hydrated during her leg rub down this evening. We decided, by the way, as I gave her a particularly luxurious one, that this was the most effective "medical" treatment she receives.
    Lunch consisted of her second glipizide of the day and an appetizer buffet. Mom had at least one of every raw, cut, vegetable: Cherub tomatoes, celery stalks, baby-baby carrots, avocado, green onions, radishes and cauliflower; a standard sour cream based Ranch dressing; some (not sure how many) garlic bagel bites, used as crackers; a delicious, home made cheese ball; one hefty slice each salami, summer sausage, ham, mild cheddar and sharp cheddar; 1/2 deviled egg; also, lots of pimiento stuffed green olives (this should counteract the lack of fiber). She drank decaf coffee throughout the day. She was constantly accompanied by a half filled cup, refilled frequently. So, yeah, I guess she was well hydrated.
    Dinner, which included the ham, mashed potatoes with gravy from the ham (a deliciously turned out experiment on MCF's part), a sinfully sweet sweet potato concoction topped with toasted marshmallows and pecans, and brown sugar and baked.
    Mom, though, was clearly tired and sacked out on their couch through dinner. I didn't disturb her until about 1600, when her eyes were beginning to flutter open and shut. She looked and felt 100% better when she awoke. We left about an hour later with much left over food packed in the back seat of the car. The plentiful portion of ham was plentiful and scented the car enough so that Mom's salivary glands were screaming, through her voice, by the time we got home.
    She was stiff from the car but otherwise not unusually weak; just lacking confidence. I fed her the ham dinner, lukewarm, to her liking, at about 2030. I couldn't resist, I had to see how her BG was doing. I was astounded how well it was regulated.
    She had a little of everything quoted above for dinner and a roll. When she finished she remembered that we'd brought small bags of several types of home baked cookies home. I gave her one each: gingerbread, Mexican Wedding Cakes, some sort of very flavorful Jello sugar cookie, an oatmeal/raisin cookie (more fiber) and a peanut butter, canned "Chinese" noodle, sugar, butter concoction that I wouldn't even try; just the site of it made my teeth ache. It was the first piece of dessert Mom ate, naturally.
    I told her I'd let her sleep in tomorrow. She was pleased to hear this. I will, of course, be judicious. She asked, also, for a "true Christmas breakfast," by which I interpreted she meant some sort of luscious sweet roll, so I'll get some of those cranberry scones and feed her two glipizide in the A.M. Plus, of course, her orange juice, and the ham. We'll probably eat the rest of the left-overs for lunch and dinner tomorrow.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred, thankfully, at 0800 straight up, as we moved toward the door on our way to pack ourselves into the car. She diverted toward the bathroom. I didn't stop her: Good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    I'm debating whether to begin, again, taking an evening BP, since I'm upping her lisinopril dosage. Look for that later, probably.     She retired, gratefully, bent half over on her way to the bathroom and bedroom, at 2330. Her light was out I think around 2345.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home