Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Today's Stats:

Break-fast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1015
    Reading:  111
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1403
    BP:  127/61
    Pulse:  64

Breakfast:  1430  & Meds
What she ate:  1 hard over egg, heavily peppered
3 slices thick cut sugar cured lean bacon
1 slice toasted potato bread with 1 tbl Fleischmann's margarine and 1 Tbl blueberry spread sweetened with fruit juices
1/4 tsp cinnamon on bread
8 oz orange juice diluted w/8 oz water
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
Niferex-150 [150 mg elemental iron] 1 hour before breakfast to pull her out of what I hope is her temporarily severely anemic state
vitamin C/500 mg with Niferex-150 helps the body metabolize iron
glipizide/10 mg 1 pill at least 1/2 hour pre-meal standard pre-breakfast and pre-dinner med
Protonix/40 mg 1 pill at least 1/2 hour pre-meal standard pre-breakfast med
Albuterol/2.0+IPRAO/.5 nebulized during meal preparation standard breakfast, sometimes dinner med
metformin/500 mg 1/2 of 1000 mg tab with meal standard dose
Daily Senior Multivitamin with breakfast standard breakfast supplement
folic acid/400 mcg with breakfast standard breakfast supplement
garlic/1250 mg with meal added back to diet because of the appearance of rouleaux in latest blood draw
vitamin E/400 IU with meal added back to diet because of the appearance of rouleaux in latest blood draw
1/4 cup pure cranberry juice w/12 oz water after breakfast standard after breakfast supplement

Conspicuously Absent Meds & Supplements
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
aspirin/81 mg 1 tab with breakfast Has not been receiving this, per doctor's orders, since 6/18/04; he feels that, if she is bleeding internally intermittently, the aspirin, being a blood thinner, will increase the blood flow, and this is a higher risk to take, right now, than protecting her against strokes, including mini-strokes
lisinopril/2.5 mg 1/2 tab with meal decided to wait until later in the day, since her energy is very low, today, and I didn't want to drop her diastolic anymore

    Yes, I know, I have a 4.5 hour gap between my mother's blood glucose reading and her actual break-fast, as it truly was, today. I'll be explaining that in The Mom & Me Journals dot Net, sometime later. I'll also explain, there, what rouleaux is, and entering some general information about her blood draw results.

2nd, and Last Meal of the Day
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1856
    Reading:  86
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1903
    BP:  131/51
    Pulse:  60

Dinner:  1940  & Meds
What she ate:  approx 12 oz of chicken fricassee "soup" made from the left over chicken fricassee, mixed with approx 4 oz penne
6 pieces (they are very small) diabetic candy
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
36 mg Iron Protein Succinylate 2 18 mg tabs 1 hour before meal to pull her out of what I hope is her temporarily severely anemic state
vitamin C/500 mg with iron supplement helps the body metabolize iron
metformin/425 mg 1/2 a 850 mg tab with meal I'm not even sure she needed this much, but, to be on the safe side, I gave it to her

    And, it continues. You'll note my mother's blood sugar, after a hearty breakfast, including jam on her bread. Hmmmm...something is definitely going on, and it's something good.
    It's true, this was her 2nd and last meal of the day. She wasn't up very much today, much to my chagrin most of the day. But, now, I think it's okay.
    Again, no lisinopril today. Although her systolic seems high enough to handle it, her diastolic did not. So, I'm holding off until tomorrow.
    Food, you know, is one of the most amazing chemical treatments of all. She was beginning to lag so bad, before we decided to eat this meal, that she had decided to take a nap. I stopped her, telling her that after all the sleep she got "last night", most of last night being most of today, that she needed to stay up, if only because she needed more nutrition before going to bed. She relented, I fed her, and she remained up for 3 more hours, going to bed just before 2200. Her liquid intake was lower than I like to see, but not so low that I'm worried. I "warned" her that I'd be awakening her early tomorrow. I'm figuring on starting to rouse her to the day at about 0900. I'm expecting it to go slow, but I don't think I'll have nearly as much trouble, tomorrow, as I've had over the last few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home