Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1001
    Reading:  99
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1112
    BP:  158/72
    Pulse:  57

    I assume we had a normal breakfast, on this day, and I probably administered meds typically, as I usually do. It seems to me that I remember this day was a day of standard dosages of 425 mg of metformin at each meal, making sure that she drank a can of V-8 juice between breakfast and lunch, so her blood glucose wouldn't drop into the 50's, as it had been doing fairly often, lately. But, don't take my word on that. I'm sure I also administered lisinopril on this morning, probably a full 5 mg tablet, but, again, I can't be sure.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1726
    Reading:  96
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1813
    BP:  150/68
    Pulse:  66

    Absolutely no earthly idea what Mom ate. No idea, as well, what meds I gave her.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2100
    Reading:  124
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2138
    BP:  147/67
    Pulse:  61

    Oddly, I do remember that we had Cobb salad on this day, the evening before I took her into the emergency room in Prescott, because we also had Cobb salad the night of her visit, at her request. It was, like, two days in a row of salad and I was quite pleased, knowing that she'd be moving her bowels with regularity, even though, by now, it was fairly obvious that she was minutely-stroking and had, once again, forgotten how to monitor internally whether her bowels needed to move. Strange thing to remember.
    I'm pretty sure I held off the lisinopril, as well, because I gave her a full tab in the morning. By this time, her elevated pressures almost seemed normal, even though I was pretty sure they were an indication that she was stroking out. So, I am also sure, as I remember, that today I also administered extra doses of garlic and vitamin E in the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home