Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, September 17, 2004

Today's Stats:

Lunch No-stats
    Again, she became hungry earlier than would be normal lunch time, and I honored her hunger with a 3.5 oz bag of microwave popcorn and V-8 juice with 1/4 tsp cinnamon. This time, I didn't bother with stats at all, not even before her nap, as I did yesterday. She laid down late this afternoon, exhausted, probably from the workout and the incredible surge of well-being she felt, and the energy she used on behalf of both.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1912
    Reading:  132
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1923
    BP:  100/60
    Pulse:  83

Dinner:  ?  & Meds
What she ate:  Nachos, made with those Doritos chip cups, generic canned chili, a smoky chipotle salsa, lots of sliced green onions, sharp cheddar cheese, MPBIL's very hot Southwestern Fire and sour cream to top it off.
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
100% Aloe Vera gel/1 oz just before meal helps increase the cells' sensitivity to insulin
36 mg Iron Protein Succinylate 2 18 mg tabs with meal to pull her out of what I hope is her temporarily severely anemic state
vitamin C/500 mg 1/2 1000 mg tab with iron supplement helps the body metabolize iron
glipizide ER/10 mg 1 pill with meal standard breakfast and dinner med to increase cells' sensitivity to insulin
vitamin E/400 IU with meal given for anti-coagulant properties
garlic/1250 mg with meal given for anti-coagulant properties
calcium-vitamin D/500-200 mg with meal believed to be an osteoporosis preventative

    Although all she said, when I was finally able to awaken her (I tried twice, the first time, a half hour before I was able to get through to her, she was so deep in sleep that she did not even respond to my touch, and that always gets some sort of response, even if it's only a twitch), that she felt "a little stiff", she was moving like a hardwood board and, once she sat down, she didn't move again until she had to go to the bathroom, once, then decided to go to bed.
    Obviously, I gave her no lisinopril tonight. I'm not worried about the blood glucose. I gave her the standard meds and I figure that her blood glucose will be well within her "new" range in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home