Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1101
    Reading:  103
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1125
    BP:  156/75
    Pulse:  54

    If I can keep her moving this time around, maybe she'll only need to take 5 mg lisinopril at night, and maybe only for awhile. I hope this is the case but I'm not too worried about ratcheting up this particular medication, as she is already on the lowest dose available.
    Since it is my intention to keep her moving right up to the day of her appointment next week, probably walkering one day, exercises the next, some days maybe both, I'll be able to get a good idea of whether the renewed movement is going to affect her morning blood pressure. Arising from a night of sleep and bathing are probably the most strenuous activities in which she indulges, at the moment. Hopefully, the conditioning that extra movement will provide will help her body deal with mornings less stressfully.

BM Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not Taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1615
    BP:  101/49
    Pulse:  65
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1618
    Reading:  124
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1617
    BP:  97/48
    Pulse:  65

    You'll notice I took her blood pressure twice at lunch. I couldn't believe how low it was. I think this was marginally due to the exercise she got today during our trip, but mostly due to dehydration. I'm expecting it to pick up at dinner, as I'm pushing fluids. It's very hard to get her to drink plain old water. We took a full bottle along on the trip and I harrassed her a bit to drink from it, but she was a very hard sell, as usual.
    At Costco, though, which was our first stop, she asked if we could stop to "get something to drink" at the lunch stand as we passed it on our way out. I suggested that water would be better and we had some of that in the car. Stupid me! She, of course, wasn't thirsty for water once we got to the car. From now on, when she wants to stop somewhere to "get something to drink", we'll do it!
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at about 1400, just before we headed out on our errand trip. It was easily eliminated, good consistency, small volume. Probably a continuation of yesterday's, eliminated at the behest of the Phillip's Milk of Magnesia I gave her last night.
    I want to mention that, for lunch, as well as her usual non-fat/artificially sweetened yoghurt, we both had about 8 oz of a dazzlingly tasty artichoke salad I picked up at our local natural/organic foods store, New Frontiers. We stopped there to pick up a more Detox Tea, some almond extract and my menopause supplement on our way home from Costco. She likes that store and perused the deli counter on our way out. We both spotted the salad and decided to try it. It was a delectable mixture of artichokes, chopped green olives, roasted peppers, fresh dill, fresh parsley, chopped celery and chopped garlic (probably elephant garlic, as it was very mild). I think I'll try producing it on my own...it's a bit pricey at the deli.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2037
    Reading:  90
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2037
    BP:  120/60
    Pulse:  64

    Tonight we added Cholest-Off to her supplemental regimen. She saw the product at Costco, today (yes, she accompanied me to Costco), while we were restocking on two other supplements, garlic and daily multivitamins. She's been watching the add on TV. Each time she sees it run she says something along the lines of: "I should try that. You know, my cholesterol has always run high." I hadn't really consciously registered her interest in it. Hadn't thought to look for it, either. But her long term supplemental interest kicked in while we were in that aisle and, although I don't think she was looking for it, she spotted it while she was perusing the aisle. I'll be taking it for at least a couple of weeks to see if it has any side effects...I always do this with her supplements and OTC medications. This is how I figured out that naproxin sodium wasn't a good idea for her (it only took me a couple of doses to figure that one out). I'm not sure how long we'll keep up this supplement. She occasionally has very good readings, when her cholesterol is tested, although her triglycerides usually remain high and this product doesn't mention anything about whether it affects triglyceride levels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home