Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1139
    Reading:  101
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1200
    BP:  97/48
    Pulse:  58

    The furosemide yesterday did it's trick; thus, this morning, she's a bit dehydrated. We're working on it. No extra meds, this morning, for any reason.

Midday Snack
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1734
    Reading:  127
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1724
    BP:  122/62
    Pulse:  59

    She had her breakfast around 1300. We'll probably be eating dinner between 2030 and 2100. So, her lunches, especially since they come after typically inactive mornings and after a two hour (no more than two hours) nap, are more like midday snacks. Since her appetite has been like that of a dog in summer, it's best to keep it light.
    She looks really dehydrated, but her blood pressure is better than this morning. I've put her "anti-embolism" socks on which work as support hose to keep her feet from getting pudgy and I'll be pushing fluids this evening.
    Despite my desire to keep a relaxed, accepting atmosphere around here, I might badger her, again, to do therapy exercises. That might help alleviate some of the foot swelling.
    I believe these are the dog days of caregiving. Whew!

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2019
    Reading:  144
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2018
    BP:  144/75
    Pulse:  58

    The higher-than-normal-at-dinner BG is crackers. Around 1830 I went outside to dump food scraps in our compost bin, turn it, water it and add dry grass to the top. When I returned, after maybe 15 minutes, Mom was in the kitchen wolfing down multi-grain crackers. I'm not sure how many she had. I didn't get upset with her. I mean, if she's hungry, she's hungry. I just wish I'd put the crackers away after having some. I always make sure that all the "healthy", non-refined carbohydrate stuff is in the front of the refrigerator in case she gets the urge to chow down when I'm not in the vicinity. I'm sure she ate at least 3, so, considering, 144 isn't too bad.
    I'm not sure about the high blood pressure. I guess she's hydrated, again. I noticed her feet beginning to swell earlier and put her "anti-embolism" socks on her. Maybe that wasn't the best idea. Oh well. Live and learn.

Before Bed
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2227
    BP:  148/65
    Pulse:  57

    I took her BP again before she went to bed to see if I needed to give her a third 2.5 mg lisinopril. I did, and I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home