Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1202
    Reading:  138
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1202
    BP:  139/65
    Pulse:  56

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1954
    Reading:  104
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1952
    BP:  103/75
    Pulse:  61

    You can see the pumpkin pie still swimming in Mom's bloodstream this morning. Otherwise, though, everything looks good. I have to say, it's nice to see that when she's irritated with me taking her blood pressure in the morning her systolic remains in the 130's.
    Yet another outing today: I didn't ask her, I just designed the day so that she'd accompany me to Costco. I don't think she wanted to go, but she didn't protest. It just took a looooonger than usual time to get her ready. Although she managed to make the sample kiosks at the front of the warehouse, halfway down the aisle portion of the store she decided to sit down on her walker and stay where she was, next to the chili paste kiosk. It was very, very hot chili paste, and although she loves hot-hot, I didn't think she'd make a meal of the samples and I was right. She didn't. Once I finished and herded her toward the checkouts, even though we didn't have to wait in line long, she decided to sit out checkout at the luncheon area.
    She went down for a nap when we returned but it was later than she usually naps, 1730, so she wasn't down long. All she wanted for "lunch" was V-8 juice.
    For dinner we had grilled Canadian ham and Jarlsburg Swiss on sourdough with spicy mustard (no sugar or honey), some Kettle Chips she tried at one of the kiosks and insisted we buy (which is okay; they'll last a long time) and pickled asparagus spears (mmmm, mmmm). She also had some fresh cut pineapple slices at about 2130.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 2055: Fair volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    [Added at 0018 2/6/06] Retired at 0010 2/6/06. Light still on as I close this out. Her light will probably be on until after I retire. I'm tired tonight.
    Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home