Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1212
    Reading:  123
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1239
    BP:  143/65
    Pulse:  58

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2052
    Reading:  161
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2050
    BP:  112/60
    Pulse:  60

    Mom has been talking "sugar" for the last few days. I suggested pineapple slices after dinner, since we still had lots and they needed to be used. She suggested pineapple upside down cake.
    "If I make that, that's all we'll have for dinner, Mom, since it'll be loaded with sugar."
    "That's fine with me!"
    She had a light lunch, including cottage cheese, the last of MCS's bread and butter pickles and a requested serving of Salt & Pepper Kettle Chips, which accounts for her "high" blood glucose before dinner. I poured her some V-8 juice but she refused to drink it, even though I argued that she should, since she'll be missing vegetables today, otherwise.
    "I won't miss them," she said, so I drank it.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1235: Good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up. I think, though, that she's working herself up to a master BM, considering her recent profiles, so I'll give her a day and if she doesn't eliminate anything tomorrow, or eliminates only a little, I'll probably hit her with a mild dose of laxative tomorrow evening, just to clean her out.
    It was warm, yesterday (for winter), sunny and not at all windy. I worked at getting her out and walkering. At one point I simply put her shoes on, got everything ready and ordered her up.
    She gave me that "fuck you" look and said, "Not today. I just don't feel like it today." So, I turned in the movies we had and kept her happy with more movies while I searched the web.
    Maybe tomorrow she'll be a bit more tractable.
    Oops! Forgot to fill in the stat forms above! Also, I should mention that on 2/6/06 I forgot to administer her evening lisinopril, which explains, in part, her high BP this morning. I'm pleased to see, though, that it's not as high as I was expecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home