Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

BM Half Stat Day:

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2110
    Reading:  127
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2109
    BP:  123/70
    Pulse:  62

    Today was both worse and better than I expected, being The Day After Diarrhea Day. The effects of yesterday were evident: She was paler than I expected, much paler than yesterday; she was more tired than I expected, too. She awoke initially at 1105, much earlier than I expected. She didn't require a full bath, as she hadn't leaked through, which didn't surprise me, really. After all, despite me feeding her liquids as much as possible yesterday, she lost a lot, as well. She ate a full breakfast after a shortened bath, then was back in bed by 1300. I didn't fight this. She looked tired. She was up, again, at 1500, feeling better although still looking pale. She was hungry, so I fed her cottage cheese (a binder) pickled asparagus spears, V-8 juice to keep her sodium and potassium up and she asked for "a couple pieces of toast", so she got them. I'm sure it was the toast that was showing in her BG taken just before dinner. Dinner was also savory, and laden with sodium and potassium: Leftovers from our recent saurkraut/sausage and potatoes au gratin with additions dinners. She wolfed it down, which was nice to see.
    I was surprised when she had a bowel movement just before retiring at 0015 (2/24/06): Fairly poor volume; excellent consistency; fairly easy elimination; fairly easy clean-up. I wasn't expecting her bowels to move again for a couple of days. Maybe, as I once discerned after the Colonic which preceded her colonoscopy in July of 2003, when her bowels are thoroughly cleansed, it revs them up.
    As I finish this post the time is 0053, 2/24/06. Her light is still on, which means she's still reading in bed. Her spirits are good, even though she was sluggish and pale all day today. I'm expecting tomorrow to be an improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home