Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

BM Full Half Stat Day:

Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1432
    Reading:  134
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2031
    Reading:  129
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Her BP's been up lately and, because there is no other evidence that would point to a reason, I can only assume that it's because I've been in what she would call "a rare mood" (can mean either "good" or "bad", in this case it means "bad", not nasty but silent and a little glowery) and I'm irritating her, again, when I take her BP, so, today I gave her a BP break. We'll see how things go tomorrow.
    Three meals but these didn't include lunch, since she awoke so late and was never hungry for it, so she received only two iron capsules. However, dinner extended itself into what could be considered two meals: The first at about 15 minutes after her second BG reading: a beef pot pie I'd made and frozen some time ago and forgotten about until I cleaned out the freezer today. At that time she hinted that she "ice cream later sounds good, don't you think?" So, I dashed out and got a quart of one of her favorite flavors, Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge. She had two modest scoops at 2330, in the middle of watching "Walker, Texas Ranger" (she's become an addict of that show; I think she likes it's morally stark black and white nature and the unbelievably benign and all-knowing nature of the "Walker" character).
    Her Bowel Movement occurred during her morning bathing: Very good volume; fairly good consistency; very easy elimination; slightly challenging clean-up.
    Although she retired earlier than last night, 0130, 5/31/06, to be exact, I noticed her light was on until 1415.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home