Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Rear Salute to Yesterday's BM Half Stat Day

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1448
    Reading:  165
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1457
    BP:  136/70
    Pulse:  56

    Today was mostly a sleep day, again. I attempted to awaken her at 1300 but she wasn't having any. I figured I'd try again at 1430 if she wasn't up on her own. She awoke on her own at 1415, but was verrrry sloooow getting out of bed. We played with the kit kats and talked about many things before I finally got her in the bathroom.
    Then she decided on a nap at 1700 and didn't awaken until 2015. So, we had only two meals and I was able to administer only two iron capsules. When she awoke she said, as she usually does after her nap on a sleep day, "Well, I really needed that. I feel so much better." Not that she'd complained of feeling bad, before. But, you know, sleep is an official domain of hers, now.
    For dinner we had chili dogs. Later, around 2300, she wanted "a little something sweet". I thawed the raspberry-pecan crostata. She only wanted a "sliver". Sometimes, that's all she needs to assuage her sweet tooth.
    The "rear salute"? During Mom's bath this morning, when she stood for torso bathing, I noticed that there was some shit detritous, looking a little like gnocchi, floating in the toilet. I decided it might be a good idea to clean her ass. It was. There was enough shit strewn up and down her eliminatory/genital area to be considered a "poor volume" Bowel Movement. She had no idea. She wasn't even "gassy" (which is what she calls a fart attack). So, I guess I need to keep a closer eye on her back end for rear salutes, for awhile.
    She retired at 0020, 5/29/06. Her light just went out, at 0050.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home