Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, June 16, 2006

BM BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1319
    Reading:  158
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1332
    BP:  135/74
    Pulse:  57

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2005
    Reading:  129
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2008
    BP:  135/62
    Pulse:  59

    She actually awoke at 1300 but we chatted for a good 15 minutes while she considered what would be involved in getting up.
    Normal breakfast, all the way around.
    Normal lunch: V-8 juice and peanuts.
    Dinner was broiled rib eye steaks and frozen peas with bits of bacon and sauteed onion, celery, garlic and green olives nuked with some Greek/Italian dressing.
    Her Bowel Movements. Here's where it gets weird. It's beginning to look like she was so full of rock shit that it took a couple of days for the laxative and all the extra fiber to bomb through the brick. Her first movement occurred at 1325 while she was in the bathroom awaiting her bathing: Fair volume; slick consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up. From that point on she felt like she had to eliminate the whole day...so much so that she was afraid to do a walkering. She was afraid she'd shit in her pants. That was fine. Her next Bowel Movement, though, didn't occur until 2225: Better than excellent volume; not exactly loose but more like slush balls, which confirmed my theory that the laxative and the fiber had to soften tons of rock shit; very easy elimination, although it lasted a long time and involved two separate strong movements; clean-up was amazing. She'd begun eliminating the first batch before she got into the bathroom. Luckily, we were in the middle of cleaning her from the first batch when she said, "Uh, oh," quickly replaced herself on the toilet and delivered the second batch. This time she insisted on being allowed to "sit here for awhile." It did, indeed, take awhile for a complete clean-out. The entire episode lasted until 2300 and included two separate cleanings.
    When she was done, although she'd insisted, at first, that she didn't want to go to bed, yet, she wanted to watch a couple of episodes of I, Claudius, which we'd started earlier in the day, she decided to go straight to bed. She didn't even want to have her legs rubbed down. I was going to insist, maybe in the bedroom, but whe she said, "I feel like I've had a plumbing snake run through me," I decided to honor her wishes.
    No wonder. I want to mention, as well, after it was all over and I was steadying her for her final rise from the toilet, she said, "I'm sure glad you were here with me. I'd been up all night on my knees cleaning this up if you hadn't been."
    Truth be told, it wasn't that messy, but, considering her age and all related factors, she's right, she would have tried to clean it up and would have been there all night, on her knees, which would not have been good for either her knees or her back.
    I appreciated her gratitude. I said, "I'm glad I was here, too, Mom. You don't need to be doing this for yourself anymore. That's why I'm here."
    She laughed. "Well, you can stay, then!"
    I laughed. "My exact intention!"
    So, anyway, I don't think I gave her too much laxative or fiber. I think, over the last few days, she's needed that much to get herself cleaned out. I do think, though, since it was the last Tbl of Benefiber that triggered the last bowel episode, that I may have been premature in deciding to give her an extra Tbl of Benefiber every night. I think I'll cut it back to 1 extra tsp, now, and see how that works. We'll try it for a few days before I add this to the Current Meds & Supplement schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home