Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Half Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1309
    Reading:  109
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1335
    BP:  120/58
    Pulse:  57

    Considering everything she ate last night, including the dessert, I'm surprised that her BG is normal! As I note to myself, I administered her evening glipizide with dessert which she ate a couple hours after she finished dinner, her choice.
    Breakfast reprised yesterday's except she asked for an egg, as well.
    No lunch, again, but she refused it because she was "working up an appetite for our Birthday Restaurant Dinner, which consisted of a full rack of ribs, baked beans, cole slaw, fries and a rootbeer. Interesting occurrence: Because of the fries, she immediately reached for the bottle of ketchup kept on the table. She covered her fries then moved to start on her ribs.
    "Mom," I said, "run your finger across your ribs and lick it. They've already been sauced. I think you'll find that ketchup will ruin the flavor of the sauce."
    She did as I suggested and, much to my surprise and hers, discovered that she agreed with me. Hallelujah! This meant she'd be consuming slightly less sugar than if she'd slathered the ribs with ketchup.
    One extra medication: I gave took to the restaurant an adult buffered aspirin, in case her back began to bother her because of the walkering, which happens fairly often. As it turned it, I was on target. All the handicapped spaces were full, as well as all easy access parking spaces. I dropped her off at the ramp and had her sit there on her walker seat while I parked the car but even shortening the space as much as I could meant she had a fair ways to walker before we arrived at our table. When I offered her the aspirin, she took it.
    She retired, full and happy, at 0030, 8/4/06. Her light went off an astounding 40 minutes after retiring, at 0110.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home