Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Quarter Stat Day:

P.m. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2128
    Reading:  206
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    All three (1, 2, 3) posts for this date over at The Mom & Me Journals dot Net will go a long way toward explaining today. I let Mom sleep in. For selfish reasons. Didn't bother her any.
    Although I'm not sure exactly when she arose, I know that she was at the table eating breakfast by 1600. Short bath, though. So, she might have arisen as late as 1500 and as early as 1430. Not sure.
    As we were bathing I half jokingly asked her, "So, how would you like your ham this morning?"
    She cocked her head. "Surprise me," she said. I did. I had purchased some fresh, buttery croissants at the Wildflower Bread Company when I purchased the scones. I split one in half and made her heated ham/egg/Swiss (Jarlsburg) cheese sandwich for breakfast. She was thrilled.
    She didn't take a nap. I did, yet again, though. I inadvertently dozed on the couch again, second day in a row, I think, and awoke at least a couple hours later. This time I had to clear my chest. I must have picked up a cold on the trip.
    Technically, I don't suppose Mom needed a recovery day, today, but I got no argument from her and I needed one.
    No formal lunch.
    Dinner about a half hour after her BG was taken. Yes, I gave her 20 mg glipizide instead of 10, although I wasn't surprised at her BG.
    Only two glipizide and two iron capsules today, though.
    She's already retired, at 2330, although her light remains on while she reads herself tired. Ah. Just went out at 2355.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home