Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1233
    Reading:  110
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1337
    BP:  140/62
    Pulse:  72

Breakfast:  1350  & Meds
What she ate:  1 hard over egg, heavily peppered
4 oz sugar cured ham steak
a 2"x 2"x 1" slice of that raspberry-um-thing w/3/4 Tbl Fleischmann's margarine
1/4 tsp cinnamon on bread
8 oz orange juice diluted w/8 oz water
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
Niferex-150 [150 mg elemental iron] 1 hour before breakfast to pull her out of what I hope is her temporarily severely anemic state
vitamin C/500 mg with Niferex-150 helps the body metabolize iron
glipizide/10 mg 1 pill at least 1/2 hour pre-meal standard pre-breakfast and pre-dinner med
Protonix/40 mg 1 pill at least 1/2 hour pre-meal standard pre-breakfast med
Albuterol/2.0+IPRAO/.5 nebulized during meal preparation standard breakfast, sometimes dinner med
metformin/250 mg 1/4 of 1000 mg tab with meal new standard dose
Daily Senior Multivitamin with breakfast standard breakfast supplement
folic acid/400 mcg with breakfast standard breakfast supplement
vitamin E/400 IU with meal standard breakfast supplement
garlic/1250 mg with meal standard breakfast supplement
1/4 cup pure cranberry juice w/12 oz water after breakfast standard after breakfast supplement

Conspicuously Absent Meds & Supplements
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
aspirin/81 mg 1 tab with breakfast Has not been receiving this, per doctor's orders, since 6/18/04; he feels that, if she is bleeding internally intermittently, the aspirin, being a blood thinner, will increase the blood flow, and this is a higher risk to take, right now, than protecting her against strokes, including mini-strokes
lisinopril/2.5 mg 1/2 tab with meal decided to wait until later in the day, especially since she too her lisinopril in the evening, yesterday.

    Although, from the looks of it, Mom slept in again, she actually didn't. Since we retired around 0230 this morning and she roused (on her own, I might add) at 1215, she actually got only 9h45m of sleep. This is a record low, taking into consideration her typical sleep times. I attribute some of it to the nap she had yesterday and some of it to the increased activity in her life. Today, though, for reasons on which I can't quite put my finger, I have a feeling that she'll be going to bed at her usual time, somewhere between 2200 and 0000. I expect we'll only get in two meals. She's decided that I've overruled pizza long enough, so that's what we're having tonight. Her plan is that we'll order pizza around 1830 so it will be here in time for her pizza-TV plan (really good pizza-TV doesn't usually start until 1900).
    Yes, I picked up the Protonix, yesterday, so no substitutions there. I am very pleased with her blood glucose. Tomorrow, I think, will be a good time to start midday glipizide. I haven't decided whether to administer it with metformin or not.
    Although we have no out-of-the-home plans, I've "warned" her that we'll be walkering on the driveway, later, just to keep her in practice. She seems amenable to this.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1826
    Reading:  116
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1912
    BP:  135/53
    Pulse:  64

Dinner:  1915  & Meds
What she ate:  1/4 of a 14" Streets of New York Pizza with extra sauce, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onion, green olives and sun dried tomatoes
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
36 mg Iron Protein Succinylate 2 18 mg tabs 2 hours after meal to pull her out of what I hope is her temporarily severely anemic state
vitamin C/500 mg with iron supplement helps the body metabolize iron
glipizide/10 mg 1 pill at least 1/2 hour pre-meal standard pre-breakfast and dinner pre-med
metformin/250 mg 1/4 a 1000 mg tab with meal standard dinner med

Conspicuously Absent Meds & Supplements
Med/Dose Administration Explanation
lisinopril/2.5 mg 1/2 tab with meal decided to wait until tomorrow morning; her systolic is okay for it, but I don't like her diastolic

    As I suspected this morning, we did, indeed, have only two meals, today. She picked the pizza toppings; except for the extra sauce, which I picked. We froze half the pizza for a future lunch or dinner.
    Her energy has been pretty low, today, but I think most of that has to do with the weather. When the pressure drops, her joints bother her and she finds it even harder to move than normal. I dressed her up and we started out to do some walkering on the driveway, but when we got about halfway down the driveway she looked at me under the brim of her hat and said, "I don't want to do this, today." I asked her if she felt bad and she said, "No, I just feel like I'm having to push through the air in front of me." As she said this, she raised her arms and mimed trying to push a brick wall forward. I respect that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home