Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  0918
    Reading:  122
Blood Pressure:
    None taken

    This was the morning I awoke to the sight of Mom sitting on the floor staring at me, and I called the paramedics to take her to the emergency room in Prescott.
    This lone blood glucose stat was taken after we'd arrived home. I bathed her and we ate breakfast, as usual. I can't remember why I didn't take her blood pressure. I think it was because she was pretty run down (or, I suppose, run over) by the ridiculous emergency room experience and I didn't feel like bothering her with the typical instructions about how to make sure the blood pressure was "good".

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1808
    Reading:  110
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1854
    BP:  120/52
    Pulse:  62

    These were actually dinner stats. This is when we had Cobb salad for a second night in a row. She slept through most of the morning and part of the afternoon, after her ER visit, and simply wasn't hungry when she arose, although she was, unusually, thirsty, and, as I recall, drank orange juice (her second glass of the day), tea and V-8 juice before she decided, a little before 1800, that it might be nice to eat.
    I am sure I did not give her lisinopril. I am also sure that I gave her double doses, on this day, of garlic and vitamin E. Other than that, I can't swear to anything.

Evening Stats
Blood Glucose:
    None taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2236
    BP:  128/59
    Pulse:  59

    I don't remember why I took her blood pressure; probably because I knew she was mini-stroking and wanted to see if her brain was calming down. I do know that she had only two real meals, this day, only one dose of glipizide, two of metformin, 425 mg, double doses of vitamin E and garlic and cinnamon in her V-8 juice, which she drank between breakfast and lunch/dinner. She also had popcorn during the evening before bed, but I don't recall administering any night time medication. I do recall that I did not give her Niferex-150 on this day, but did give her her 36 mg dose of Iron Protein Succinylate at both breakfast and lunch/dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home