Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Further Stat Review

    You'll notice that on May 8th I took her stats in the morning. This is because she had a two scoop brownie Sundae on Saturday night. Thus, the next morning I was curious as to how well her body had assimilated the sugar overload from the night before. As you can see, it did well.
    I forgot to take stats tonight. I've become so relaxed about the taking of stats that, as I'm sure you've noticed, I forget an occasional day here and there.
    You'll also notice that when I take breakfast stats I avoid taking her blood pressure. Essentially, her most active time is her "morning". It is hard to find a time to take her blood pressure when she is not talking, or moving, or fussing with me. As well, this is when she wears her bulky bathrobe over her clothes and this piece of clothing gets in the way of taking her blood pressure without fussing.
    Although her diastolic looks very good, I am still concerned that her systolic is all over the map and usually above 120. I don't want to add too much more blood pressure medication to her schedule, but I'm considering asking the FNP at our next appointment if perhaps I should be giving her one and a half 2.5 mg tablets of lisinopril, or at least try this. Or, some other variation on three tablets a day...say, maybe, 2 tabs at night, or maybe one tab three times a day. I'm not going to vary her medication, though, until her next appointment, which will probably be sometime during the latter half of June.
    She has another blood draw coming up on Friday. Although I'm sure she's not looking forward to it, I am. If everything remains as it is now, her urinalysis should come out fine and clear, she may be a little anemic but only a little, and everything else except her BUN and probably her eosinophils should look pretty good.
    Oh, yes. I forgot to take stats today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home