Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM No Breakfast Stats
    Her Bowel Movement occurred soon after she awoke and went into the bathroom. It happened quickly; by 0900 she was done. I asked her if it had been "easy".
    "It wasn't uncomfortable or hard, just a lot."
    There was a lot, but normal for an every-other-day bowel movement. Clean-up was a breeze.
    I am going to try to hone in on lunch stats, this week, especially since we have some fresh peaches to which her blood chemistry seems to reacting well. She had ham and eggs for breakfast this morning. I was surprised how early she was up...completely on her own. When I discovered her she was already upright on her bed.
    She is, however, now, taking a nap. "You know," she volunteered, "everything is just go, go, go," she moves her arms vigorously as though race walking; it is funny that she is saying this because she was no more or less energetic, energized or awake than if we had been without visitors; "and then you need a couple of days to catch up." She drooped dramatically as she said this.
    I guess, for my mother, this is true.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1840
    Reading:  131
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1843
    BP:  147/64
    Pulse:  63

    I know her BG seems high for dinner, but it's actually good, considering that a little over a half hour before I took her stats she sneaked a piece of freshly baked 100% whole wheat bread.
    I decided to give her one lisinopril at dinner and see how her blood pressure shakes out just before she goes to bed.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not Taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2207
    BP:  110/58
    Pulse:  61

    Considering her blood pressure reading, I decided not to give her the extra lisinopril pill. I'm not sure how I'm going to get that third one in without causing a blood pressure crash. I'll see how things go over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home