Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1126
    Reading:  119
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1146
    BP:  121/62
    Pulse:  63

    Not sure why her blood glucose is as high as it is. Might be the "inactive ingredients" in the Cholest-Off. I've noticed, though, that this has been happening more frequently than before. Her dinner would not account for this: braised country style beef ribs in a modified hoisin sauce and a piece of corn on the cob. We haven't had any desserts in the evening for a long time. In a way, though, this development is optimistic, indicating to me that her diabetes still hasn't booked it's vacation, which means her Chronic Renal Failure is probably under excellent control.
    Her blood pressure this morning is hip-hip-hooray excellent. I waited until she'd settled into the bathroom before I took it, though. I imagine her struggle into an upright position immediately upon arising still boosts her pressure. But, I have to take into consideration, as well, the moving around we've been doing.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1745
    Reading:  109
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1748
    BP:  117/63
    Pulse:  61

    Looking amazingly good!

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2030
    Reading:  74
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2029
    BP:  140/61
    Pulse:  58
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not Taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2126
    BP:  146/62
    Pulse:  63
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not Taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2202
    BP:  139/62
    Pulse:  60

    First, I know that lunch and dinner were pretty close together. Lunch, in fact, was very light...yoghurt and olives...for that very reason. She napped somewhat longer than I expected, today, but I let her go until I got a little concerned. She's been moving a lot more than normal the last few days so I figured her body could use the time to rest and heal.
    Second, I have no idea why her systolic is so high. She had an exercise session about a half hour before I took her stats and about 45 minutes before she ate. So, I gave her dinner, her pills, and took her blood pressure again an hour later. Systolic even higher. I can't explain it. She's relaxed and watching TV in her rocker. I gave her two acetaminophen for dinner because she worked so hard during the exercise session and was beginning to ache in the arms and legs. Maybe that cancels out the lisinopril. I don't know. I should check. Oh well. I took it again just before she went to bed. Slightly lower but still pretty high, systolically speaking. Could be her annoyance at me insisting on an exercise sessions, and the fact that the exercise session went slowly and lasted longer because I explained proper form to her and corrected it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home