Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM
    Her Bowel Movement occurred between 1245 and 1300. Easy, though long elimination...really cleaned her out. A little looser than usual; probably because of the generic Colace I gave her Sunday and Saturday nights. Didn't give her any last night. Easy but messy clean-up. Excellent volume.

UTI
    This one sneaked up on us. She was bleeding from the urinary tract this afternoon when she awoke from her nap. I had one refill left on her Levaquin, so I started her on 500 mg/once per day for seven days.
    No wonder she was having a hard time recuperating from the trip and the visit. She's probably been brewing this one all weekend. I noticed a fishy smell yesterday, but no cloudy urine, not even today, despite the fact that it was definitely bloody.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2036
    Reading:  192
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2035
    BP:  135/62
    Pulse:  66

    I have no idea why her BG is so high. She's eaten relatively light, today. Breakfast was normal. She had three thin slices of olive loaf and 11.5 oz V-8 juice for lunch. She did have a piece of home made wheat germ bread, fresh out of the bread machine, about an hour after lunch. And, I did administer her Levaquin at lunch. Oh well. I'll keep on eye on things. Usually, regardless of what she's eaten, by dinner she is either at or approaching normal.
    I forgot to check her blood pressure before going to bed, which she did about 2230, not falling to sleep until around 2300. So, I'll aim for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home