Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1137
    Reading:  104
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1140
    BP:  133/63
    Pulse:  56

    Everything looks good. I'm assuming that her BP will drop a little over the day with her usual lisinopril, but I'll probably check it tonight, as well, before she goes to bed.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1320: This was the cleanser I'd hoped the ducosate sodium I gave her last night would initiate; excellent volume, good consistency (a little loose, but that was probably because of the stool softener); easy elimination; surprisingly easy clean-up.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1703
    BP:  110/57
    Pulse:  71

    Everything looks good. In connection with the advice to "sugar" her a bit more lunch included a piece of grilled garlic cheese french whole grain wheat bread for lunch with her usual 5 mini dills and 6 olives. I also decided to cut back to two blood glucose readings a day, unless something makes me nervous.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2025
    Reading:  234
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2024
    BP:  112/53
    Pulse:  64

    Yeah, I know, her blood glucose is unusually high. Perhaps I overdid it. At about 1800 we received a package from MCS containing three quart jars of her magnificent homemade bread and butter pickles. It was impossible not to open a jar and allow Mom a sample. She didn't eat a lot: maybe 1/3 cup. But, I guess the sugar was enough and the time between the snack and dinner wasn't enough to keep her blood glucose from soaring. I'm not concerned, but I think snacking between meals, which she usually isn't interested in doing, anyway, isn't a good idea unless it's fresh vegetables or something like unsweetened pickles and olives; or artificially sweetened yoghurt. I'll work on concentrating refined carbohydrates around her meals.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2246
    BP:  148/67
    Pulse:  62

    Her feet started swelling in the couple of hours after dinner. I'm not sure why, but, on a hunch, I checked her blood pressure. Because of the reading, I administered a third 2.5 mg dose of lisinopril before she began to prepare for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home