Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1117
    Reading:  113
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1128
    BP:  129/61
    Pulse:  60

    Back to bacon as breakfast meat.     Her Bowel Movement occurred just before we bathed her at 1120: Fair volume, which is fine since she had a bowel movement yesterday; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Non-stat Extended Lunch
    Although 1515 is a bit early for lunch, after we'd covered four more chapters in the book we're reading aloud she announced that she was hungry and "could use a little something in my stomach." I don't expect this to be the last "lunch" she'll have today, as she just now laid down for her nap and will probably want "a little something more" when she awakens. I gave her about 3/4 cup of heavily peppered cottage cheese and maybe 1/2 cup of a jar of marinated vegetables I picked up somewhere that looked good: artichokes, roasted peppers, baby corn cobs and slices of heart of palm marinated in a variety of spices, vinegars and olive oil.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1954
    Reading:  72
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1949
    BP:  129/67
    Pulse:  72

    I am absolutely positive that Mom's "high" blood pressure tonight was because I had her moving around a lot from rocking chair to bathroom to rocking chair just before I took it and she was perturbed with me.
    "I don't have to go to the bathroom!"
    She did.
    "I'm sure my underwear doesn't need changing!"
    It did.
    "You're hands are cold!"
    They were. I warmed them. That didn't seem to make any difference.
    "I am relaxed."
    She wasn't and, after the above, wasn't about to completely relax. So I took her BP anyway.
    For dinner I served some left-over tomato/sausage/otherstuff marinara over chicken/garlic ravioli sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home