Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

BM (Non-stat Day) When she shits I feel better.

...funny how that works.
    The clean-'em-out Bowel Movement I predicted yesterday happened today at 1635: Better than excellent volume; slightly smeary consistency at the end but otherwise excellent; very easy elimination; slightly challenging clean-up.
    She only slept until 1500, although she'd asked me to allow her to sleep until 1600. Had a good breakfast with ham rather than bacon. She looks good, feels good, is drinking good, shat good, is refusing movement, which is okay...so, she just needed the sleep. Really needed it. I'll report on dinner later, whatever and whenever we have it, this evening.
ADDENDUM: Well, I obviously wasn't able to keep her up for a full 12 hours (minus nap, which she didn't take) yesterday (yes, I'm adding this the day after), but we did good. Although refusing to walker, she was feeling good, relatively lively, and remaining awake until close to 0200 this morning, finally retiring at 0130. Dinner was light, I made ham and cheese sandwiches again, with a different type of cheese and bread, added slices green pimiento stuffed olives and gave her 11.5 oz V-8 juice. I offered potato chips but she refused them, which was fine. We mostly watched TV and talked. I suggested reading out loud but she wasn't interested. I'm going to check on her at 1230 today and see if she appears to be close to awakening, but I'll probably let her go until about 1300. That's not uncommonly late for her. Over the next few days I'll ease her back into her normal hours.
    We're being brushed by the tail of a low, again. I should have figured this from her sleep day yesterday but it was so bright and sunny and windless that it never occurred to me she might be reacting to the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home