Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1309
    Reading:  132
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1402
    BP:  112/64
    Pulse:  57

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2103
    Reading:  149
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2057
    BP:  109/52
    Pulse:  66

    So, I'm very pleased with her BP and, although it would seem that it should be otherwise, with her BG, too. I've been consciously feeding her muffins in the morning in order to get it up and it seems to be working. I'm establishing a pattern of periods in which I work on making sure she has high refined carbohydrate days then a length of low refined carbohydrated days. I think this will work better, as far as raising her Hemoglobin A1c, that doing occasional treats here and there. When her blood sugar is low for a period of time it seems that it tends not to "store" high carbohydrates. This isn't, by the way, a strategy I worked up with consultation. It's just something I thought of and am trying.
    Although the stats belie this, dinner wasn't served until about 2130. We had home made cheeseburgers on onion buns with dill pickle relish and thick slices of Bermuda onion (one of her favorite dinners). Usually she doesn't want any sides but last night she asked if we had chips, which we do. I asked her whether she wanted potato chips or Doritos, she considered this, then grinned and said, "How about some of both?" I complied. I wouldn't be surprised but what her BG is high again tomorrow morning but I'm okay with this. I know how to get it down quickly when I think it's necessary.
    She retired at 0030, 2/26/06. Her light was on until almost 0100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home