Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, May 01, 2006

BM Half Stat Half Day:

Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1639
    Reading:  130
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1436
    BP:  122/58
    Pulse:  59

    It was one of those days. I started checking on her and rousing her lightly at 1100, first every half hour then every hour. Finally, at 1600, I could take "let me sleep a little longer" no more. It took a long time to actually get her out of the bedroom, although she was on her ass on the edge of the bed with a few minutes after me saying, "Look, I know that you have one of these days about every month or so, but it always makes me nervous, so I'm going to insist that you get up, now."
    She actually had a good, although short, day, though: Looked good. Felt good. Looked out the window at the greening of Prescott and said several times, "It sure is nice to see summer coming." We didn't go anywhere but her spirits were high. She sat on the edge of the bed and we talked for almost three quarters of an hour before we bathed her.
    Obviously, we only got one formal meal in: Breakfast. I made sure it was hardy, though: Polish sausage with her egg; two pieces of toast; two eggs; 1/2 glass of O.J. mixed with water instead of her usual 1/3. She scarfed everything. We managed to get almost all her meds and supplements in. The only ones she missed were her third iron capsule, her second lisinopril and her second serving of aloe vera gel.
    Later in the evening, around 2100, she had two ounces of peanuts. Drank plenty of liquid without a problem: She was thirsty after having slept that long.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1700: Fair volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    Initially she retired just before midnight. I wasn't tired, yet, so I channel surfed and found a program on PBM called Texas Ranch House that is a reality show in which a group of people run a Texas ranch house as though they are in 1867. Mom's light was on and I knew she'd love watching this so I summoned her out. She was thrilled. After the show, which ended at 0100 5/2/06, we talked a bit about it, then, again, about The Dead, whom she was phasing so severely that within minutes of me telling her someone was dead they were alive, again. The Crib Card I made and placed by her bed didn't even help. She "doubted" quite a bit of what I said.
    Finally, about 0130, she retired. I was in bed at the time her light went out at 0145.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home