Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

BM Non-Stat Day:

    And just as well, too. Mom spent most of the day in bed. This included two naps before "breakfast", which was formally served at about 1645, although around 1100 she had toast, sitting on the edge of her bed, some of her pills (in an attempt to get in three iron capsules, which failed, yesterday), then, because she was dry, she saw "no reason" to get up. I asked her how long she wanted me to let her sleep.
    "Oh, you know, around there," which means, "Let me sleep until I fucking get up!"
    She arose again around 1400 to use the bathroom. I headed in expecting to launch a bath. All she wanted was an underwear change. She was going back to bed. I decided to check her bed. If it was wet, as I suspected, she was getting up. Period. It was dry. She went back to bed.
    Upshot? She actually took a "nap" around 1900. She had some food (other than breakfast, which I served on the hefty side, including ham), three 1 oz bags of peanuts and an 11.8 oz can of V-8 juice, around 2200. That's all she wanted. She stayed up until just before 0400 this 4/20/06 morning. That's when I went to bed.
    I asked her several times if she wanted food of some sort. She had some tangerine juice around 0200. It's amazing what's on TV to watch at that hour, by the way.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 2130: Fairly poor volume; smeary consistency; very easy elimination; somewhat challenging clean-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home