Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Half Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1522
    Reading:  115
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2131
    Reading:  225
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Over at The Mom & Me Journals dot Net for this date I reviewed the first part of her extremely strange day: Up at 1045, glass of OJ (1/3 OJ, 2/3's water), decided to go back to bed at noon. I realized it was going to be a sleep day and was going to let her go on her own, but decided at 1500 to awaken her. I thought she was "making" to rouse a little after 1400, but no such luck. At any rate, sometime around 1600 I was feeding her a full regular breakfast. She felt good, as though she'd "got her sleep out".
    She stayed up from then on...until 0230 6/18/06, finishing off the night by watching three William Powell/Myrna Loy movies on TCM. After retiring, her light was on until 0300. What an interesting day!
    Anyway, breakfast included a Costco lemon Danish, the evidence of which you can see swimming in her blood stream six hours later just before I fed her the second of the two meals she ate yesterday; at her request, a Marie Callendar's beef pot pie. Although she didn't have a lunch, per se, I managed to get all her medication in, including her three iron pills. For dinner I served her a Marie Callender's beef pot pie, much to her delight.
    I can't remember why I didn't take her BP. I think it was to keep from irritating her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home