Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Combined Dinner Stats: 5/11 - 5/13/05

5/13/05
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2107
    Reading:  112
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2107
    BP:  133/69
    Pulse:  59
BM 5/12/05
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1903
    Reading:  138
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1902
    BP:  150/66
    Pulse:  52

    Both stats are a little higher than usual. I'm not sure why. Could be that she was up for only two meals, breakfast and dinner, and the scone didn't get a chance to work it's way out of her system. We've been having scones regularly and, since I haven't been taking her Lunch Stats during this stat collection, I don't have any idea how long it's taking for her body to metabolize the sugar they contain.
    I was not at home for her Bowel Movement. It happened about 1645. Her report tells me that it was easily eliminated and of fair volume. Cleaning her after I arrived home a little after 1700 told me that it was fairly soft, as she had attempted to clean herself [apparently she had wandered through the house literally butt (versus buck) naked and found some toilet paper to use] and had managed to smear her lower parts with feces stem to stern. As well, using paper in her toilet clogged it a little.
    I noticed, last night, when she awoke for what is becoming her regular middle-of-the-night peeing, that her urine appeared to be a bit cloudy. I don't know whether this was because it came out cloudy or it was mixing with the half flushed water in the toilet. Tomorrow morning should "tell the tale", since I managed to clear the pipe last night when she returned to bed and deliver a cleansing flush to the toilet.

5/11/05
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1854
    Reading:  129
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1854
    BP:  133/59
    Pulse:  52

    Not sure why her glucose is this far above normal at dinner. I'll repeat the same lunch, yoghurt, two slices of olive loaf and 12 oz. diet root beer, for the next couple of days, if I can get away with it, and we'll see if it might be the olive loaf, although I doubt it. It's a fairly regular substitute for olives.
    This isn't something I'm freaking over. Just a minor mystery. If it turns out to be the olive loaf, I won't delete it from her diet or even serve it less often. I'll just be aware of what it does to her blood glucose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home