Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1013
    Reading:  134
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1013
    BP:  112/58
    Pulse:  65

    Her blood sugar, this morning, reflects a Carl's Junior hamburger (the $6 Guacamole Burger, her favorite) and a small order of french fries with loads of ketchup on both.
    You'll notice that her morning blood pressure is doing nicely. I guess it's one of those cases where, when you go to the dentist your tooth stops hurting. Regarding her low diastolic, the nurse who prepped my mother before the new doctor saw her Thursday before last made a passing comment regarding my mother's blood pressure that it showed she was "a little bit dehydrated". I can't remember her recorded blood pressure, now (although I remember her weight as 140) but I remember thinking as the nurse called out the numbers, "Ah, her systolic is fine, although her diastolic seems a little low." Thus, I'm guessing here but it sounds like diastolic is a very good indicator of hydration. Maybe it's the preferred over systolic; although, when my mother is retaining fluid her systolic is always high, both for her and for the general population.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1611
    Reading:  98
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1610
    BP:  104/53
    Pulse:  73

    Yeow! I can't remember why her pulse was so high, but, it was.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2040
    Reading:  76
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2040
    BP:  160/72
    Pulse:  60
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not Taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2043
    BP:  150/72
    Pulse:  59

    I was obviously concerned about her blood pressure, so I took it twice. As you'll see, I took it later in the evening, as well.

Miscellaneous
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2150
    BP:  160/71
    Pulse:  67

    I guess this was just a day of high blood pressure. I imagine that I probably administered a third lisinopril 2.5 mg before she went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home