Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1117
    Reading:  117
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1201
    BP:  158/73
    Pulse:  58

    The blood pressure reading, which is a little high for her, was the second I took, a little over a half hour after the first. Both were almost exactly the same. Her feet looked good, so did her belly, so I'm not sure why it's up. I'll keep an eye on it today, though.
    Over the last couple of weeks we've been eating Canadian Bacon, with significantly less fat instead of regular bacon. We ran out yesterday and I forgot to get more at Costco, so we switched back to regular bacon.

Snack
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1724
    BP:  143/63
    Pulse:  57

    Her BP is doing better, but I decided to give her the "third" lisinopril for lunch. She continues to look good, though. No unusual swelling anywhere. For lunch she had 8 oz non-fat, artificially sweetened yoghurt, an apple (we're starting the higher fiber regimen [see posting at The Mom & Me Journals for this date for explanation], and the apple adds "good" sugar; she refused the wheat germ in her yoghurt today, though; tomorrow I won't ask her), 5 olives and 11.5 oz V-8 juice, and, a cup of caffeinated coffee.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2022
    Reading:  146
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2021
    BP:  160/69
    Pulse:  58

    I think her blood pressure may be connected to her claiming this morning she was constipated. She's saying, tonight, that she doesn't feel constipated, again, but that she feels "awfully full". The ducosate sodium did not stimulate a bowel movement but I think it's probably stimulating her higher blood pressure.
    Although I had planned on making the tomato bisquit pie tonight, she saw a commercial on TV for TV dinners and decided that's what she wanted, so I went out and got her one. It's been a long time since either of us have had those and this one reminded her of why. I didn't have a TV dinner, I made myself a salad. After dinner she said she wished she'd had that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home