Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

BM Almost Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1331
    Reading:  141
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1329
    BP:  114/54
    Pulse:  57

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2041
    Reading:  88
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not Taken

    She awoke on her own at 1315. Breakfast substituted sausage for bacon.
    She was pretty lively, today, probably because she was complaining of feeling "awfully stiff" this morning so, with her permission, I substituted an adult buffered aspirin for her usual 81 mg aspirin. Her nap was short, about a half hour. She mentioned that she didn't actually sleep. It was warm without wind so I ushered her out to "look at the yard". Surprisingly, she didn't resist, as she usually does. We were out for about 45 minutes. She spent about half that time sitting but moved quite a bit, including off the driveway in the dirt, also a surprise, although encouraged by me, as I wanted to show her some of the serendipitous flowers sprouting in our yard.
    She only wanted peanuts for lunch, no V-8 juice. Dinner was a hearty home made dhili & cornbread. She received a second glipizide at night.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred just before her bath at 1320: Fair volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    Regarding the lack of BP for the second time in the evening: Once again, I'm trying not to irritate her. She was watching an episode of Matlock. When I approached her with the cuff during a commercial she looked at me with disgust and said, "Is that really necessary?" I decided it wasn't. I'll probably be dropping the evening BP more often as I did, since she's holding her own; although if I'm concerned by conditions such as feet or belly swelling, I'll, of course, take it.
    She retired at 0100, 5/8/06. Her light went of at 0115.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home