Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Overflowing Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1221
    Reading:  117
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1250
    BP:  115/56
    Pulse:  55

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1937
    Reading:  116
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1935
    BP:  113/55
    Pulse:  56

Before Bed Blood Glucose:
    Time:  0016
    Reading:  230
 

    You'll notice the third BG reading above. I just wanted to test my usually unsubstantiated hunches about when it's a good idea to give Mom a second glipizide (which I did this evening). Because of what we had for dinner (the left over tuna/potato casserole with fresh carrots, radishes and olives and a bit of the home made ranch dressing for dipping) I had already planned to give her a second glipizide but wanted to test my decision. I may do this off and on with a variety of foods just to put my hunches to further test.
    Other than that, pretty much a typical day, although once again only two meals and only two iron capsules. This will probably also happen tomorrow, as we are planning our evening meal around the watching of Texas Ranch House, which begins at 2000; I am seeing to it that dinner is prepared and served just before the show begins so that both of us get to see the entire two hours without interruption.
    Her nap was a standard two hours today. She retired at 0030, 5/4/06. Her light went out at 0105.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home