Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1404
    Reading:  95
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1417
    BP:  107/58
    Pulse:  67

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2138
    Reading:  220
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2134
    BP:  131/63
    Pulse:  60

    Today is the second of our official Mother's Day Celebration Days. Although I'd promised her last night that I would allow her to "sleep in" (as though she doesn't usually do this), I considered awakening her earlier. I ended up talking to MCS on the phone, though, which kept me out of Mom's bedroom until 1400. When I entered, she was sitting on the edge of the bed, ready to go. She even mentioned that she thought she'd "gotten [her] sleep out."
    Breakfast involved a substitution of HoneyBaked Ham slices instead of bacon and The Wildflower Bread Company's cranberry scones instead of toast.
    Although she didn't have an official lunch, when she laid down for a nap at 1730, so did I; I was exhausted from a short night and a very busy shopping morning. I was so tired that I didn't awaken when she did. She was up by 1830; she remembered checking the clock when she noticed I was still sleeping. She was hungry so she found a jar of Bread & Butter pickles in the frig (not MCS's, unfortunately). By the time I awoke she'd eaten about a third of the pickles. That's what her evening blood sugar reflects.
    For dinner I served broiled steak and a mixture of peas, sauteed onions, celery, garlic and green olives with bits of bacon seasoned with Greek Feta dressing. Later in the evening I served a light dessert, the slices of fruit tart I bought at The Wildflower Bread Company.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1715, just before she napped: Fair volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    She retired at 0015, 5/15/06. Her light went out at 0045.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home