Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, May 12, 2006

BM x 2 Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1410
    Reading:  136
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1432
    BP:  108/59
    Pulse:  59

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2002
    Reading:  148
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1957
    BP:  110/55
    Pulse:  66

    Mom was actually up at 1315 but I forgot to take her stats until after her bath when she had relocated to the breakfast table. The gap between her blood sugar and her BP during the "morning" measurements occurred because I wanted to make sure she was settled, breathing evenly and was most likely to be at a resting pressure. I guess I got it right. Polish sausage was substituted for her usual bacon.
    She didn't take a nap today. I'm not sure why but that was fine with me. No lunch, either, which wasn't a big deal...I didn't manage to get breakfast on the table until almost 1500; it seemed as though the day was filled with interruptions and do-overs; so, she received only two iron capsules today, although I gave her a second glipizide.
    Since she refused lunch, dinner was earlier than is normal for late breakfasting days. The house was warm, I didn't want to "slave over a hot stove" (one of my mother's favorite phrases in regards to cooking, which she's never really enjoyed), so I served a cold food dinner: A variety of pickled things, the last of the fresh vegetables, sliced into bite sized pieces and, at Mom's request, chips and dip. I had suggested popcorn but she overruled me.
    Her first Bowel Movement happened during her bathing at 1345: Fairly good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; easy clean-up. Her second occurred at 2200: Poor volume (probably the rest of her morning movement, which means, overall, it was a "very good volume" day; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; fairly easy clean-up.
    She retired at 0030, 5/13/06. Her light just went out at 0055.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home