Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1311
    Reading:  157
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1310
    BP:  141/76
    Pulse:  60

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2029
    Reading:  101
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2028
    BP:  134/62
    Pulse:  59

    Once again, Mom was up on her own probably at about 1245. I was busy doing something, I can't remember what, but it involved a trip to her bathroom to replenish washclothes at 1300 and there she was, on the toilet, Mr. Man at her feet, petting and gently playing with him; so I had to scramble to get things ready for Stats & Bathtime.
    I decided to take her P.M. BP because her A.M. BP was higher than I was expecting. She's looked good all day, though, no apparent fluid retention except a tiny bit in her feet this evening before bed, but I'll keep an eye on her blood pressure and my ear trained for the dry hacking that means I need to pull water off her.
    Breakfast was normal. Lunch, after her nap, was a bag of peanuts, and coffee: "No V-8 juice please," which was fine since I planned Cobb salad for dinner, which is what I served, this time including very sweet grape tomatoes, some avocado, fresh shredded Parmesan and bits of very lean pastrami along with the other usual suspects.
    I encouraged her to bed down a bit earlier than usual since tomorrow is Blood Draw Day and I'll be awakening her between 0930 and 1000 (probably closer to 1000). She retired at 2330. Her light has yet to go out as I finish this post, at 2354. I expect it to be extinguished soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home