Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1205
    Reading:  145
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1227
    BP:  146/67
    Pulse:  59

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2004
    Reading:  120
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2000
    BP:  161/82
    Pulse:  59

    Breakfast: Absolutely normal in all respects.
    Lunch: Just V-8 juice with 1 tsp curry powder. She wasn't interested in the peanuts (which was a surprise).
    Dinner: A slice of the Costco chicken pot pie, heavily peppered, with a hefty dollop (almost two, really), of sour cream. Administered two 10 mg glipizide pills. I don't think it'll take her too low but we'll see in the morning. I also administered her second lisinopril at this time, instead of typical bedtime administration. I was surprised at her BP, but she was also really irritated at me taking it tonight because we were involved in watching Sex and the City from the beginning of the series and I paused the episode we were watching, apparently at a moment my mother considered critical.
    Movement: I gave her a choice of going with me to Target or walkering in the driveway and the house later in the evening. She chose the trip to Target and had a good time...even perused a few aisles that weren't on our list, especially the Halloween decoration aisles...having a daughter (me) who was born on Halloween, she is a connoisseur of it's decorations.
    Nap: Taken from 1615 - 1815.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1600: Very good volume; very good consistency; very easy elimination; minorly smeary clean-up.
    She retired, so to speak, a little earlier than the "twelve hour up" mark at 2315, but I gave her this one because she was genuinely tired. Her light remained on, though, until 0015, 9/15/06, while she read herself to sleep, which surprised me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home