Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

BM Odd Stat Day:

Lunch Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1710
    Reading:  114
Lunch Blood Pressure:
    Time:Not taken

    That's right, folks, I didn't get around to taking any stats at all until her lunch time, and then only because at breakfast, which had been well before noon (this was an unusual day; she awoke, on her own, at 1030, ready to go), I'd given her another scone instead of her usual low fiber, cinnamon sprinkled toast. I was blown away at her blood sugar reading. I was expecting it to be pushing 200 again. The almost normal reading could have been due to several factors:
  • Sleeping much less than 12 hours;
  • Being very alert, fairly active (although no walkering sessions; she was just up and down and moving around a lot;
  • Very good hydration all day long;
  • Short nap; she was only down an hour.
.
    Lunch: Normal.
    Dinner: Odd, really. I was interested in using up the left over rice and vegetables with some of the left over roasted chicken and vegetables, mixing them together with some of the left over Hollandaise sauce. This is, actually, what I ate. She was involved in watching horror movies all evening and decided all she wanted was popcorn. I shrugged my shoulders and thought, Well, why not!?! So, she ate popcorn, two 3.5 ounce bags of it, during the evening.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred immediately after her nap, at 1515: Good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    I should mention, somehow, I forgot to give her a third iron capsule this evening. I noticed it on her bed stand "tomorrow morning".
    She retired, thoroughly satisfied and horrified, at 0030, 10/16/06. Her light went out at 0100, straight up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home