Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1133
    Reading:  82
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1204
    BP:  130/63
    Pulse:  63

    Everything looks good.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1210: Better than fair but not quite the volume I was expecting, considering the stool softener doses she got day before yesterday; very easy elimination; excellent consistency; very easy clean-up.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1642
    Reading:  127
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1641
    BP:  114/56
    Pulse:  60

    I considered not taking lunch stats today, but I wanted to make sure the normal readings this morning weren't a blip, considering the chocolate cake, last night, and the episode of high blood pressure we had day before yesterday. They weren't.
    She had what she called "A lunch Lunch" today: Marie Callendar's Pot Roast Soup with added peas, carrots, onions and beef. I gave her a choice between half a sandwich and chips and, well, it wasn't much of a contest when chips are involved, which was fine. No olives, although I think I'll pack a few under her belt for dinner, tonight.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2033
    Reading:  113
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2037
    BP:  149/63
    Pulse:  52

    I will be taking her blood pressure again before she goes to bed.
    I asked her what she wanted for dinner, tonight, and she said, "Chocolate cake." So, I compromised, more on her side than mine. I insisted that she have an 11.5 oz can of V-8 juice and 6 olives before her cake. That was fine with her.
    I forgot to mention, I picked up some Benefiber® at Costco yesterday [Damn, even at Costco, that's an expensive way to buy guar gum, which is all Benefiber® is; I think I'll see if I can get it cheaper some other way.] and she had her first serving, one tablespoon, in her V-8 juice tonight. I think what I'll do is start with three tablespoons a day, one tablespoon in a beverage at every meal, and, if necessary, we'll work up from there and see if that causes her to fully eliminate with each bowel movement, or, at least keep her from eliminating only a little and backing up the rest.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  0016
    BP:  138/68
    Pulse:  59

    Yes, this stat is back dated so it fits in with "the day's" stats. I almost forgot to check her blood pressure. She was already in bed and reading. Although it seems high, I didn't wait for her pressure to settle after I asked her to sit up on the edge of the bed. So, I decided to forego a third lisinopril. I think she'll be all right. We'll see how her blood pressure registers in the morning.
    Her light went out at 0025, but I told her that I'll probably awaken her between 1100 and 1130 tomorrow morning, despite the fact that this will be less than 12 hours. I think she'll be okay with this. She can always take an early nap; much earlier than today: Her nap, today, took place from 1900 - 2015.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home