Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1334
    Reading:  102
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1358
    BP:  125/63
    Pulse:  63

    Her blood pressure's creeping up as the atmosphere becomes heavy with moisture. It rained a fair amount today and is supposed to rain even more tomorrow. Her feet were just this side of puffy this morning, although her belly seemed okay. I'll keep an eye on her, though, especially since, on days like this, she usually spends quite a bit of time in bed and it's already starting out to be one of those days. I awoke her at one and, well, you can see what time I was able to take her blood sugar. She was still prone in bed at that time.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1954
    Reading:  147
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1953
    BP:  133/60
    Pulse:  59

    It was only a two meal day, today. I think her blood glucose was so high because he spent most of the day napping; in addition to her a little over 12 hour night sleep. I was okay with this. She started noticeably retaining water after breakfast. By the time she headed in for a nap at 1600 her feel were obviously swelling and the creases in her lower belly were smoothed out. I gave her 20 mg furosemide as she headed in and reminded her that I would be performing water torture in the evening when she awoke to make sure that the water comes off gently and she doesn't suffer a blood pressure crash. I could tell, when she announced her intention to retire for the evening, that although the water was coming off her blood pressure was probably inching up higher than it was at dinner, even though she receives a lisinopril as one of her dinner meds. I didn't bother to take her pressure before she retired, I just gave her a third lisinopril. So far, I've kept her from having any breathing problems due to cardio-pulmonary fluid retention today. There were even periods when she didn't want to be on oxygen and she wasn't mouth breathing so I let her ride on her lung power alone. I'll keep an eye on her tomorrow, too. I don't expect to have to give her any more furosemide but since it'll be a rainy day I expect it will be a heavy duty nap day and a three lisinopril day.
    Dinner was more of that savory roasted chicken which I reheated in the oven in it's own delicious juices and served on a small bed of the left over olive/garlic rice, into which I'd mixed the leftover bacon/onion/celery/Greek feta dressing peas. She ate fast and hearty and was very good about drinking fluids.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1845, soon after she awoke from her nap: Good volume, excellent consistency, very easy elimination, very easy clean-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home