Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1322
    Reading:  91
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1338
    BP:  118/58
    Pulse:  65

    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1345 while we were bathing her: Fair volume, rock-shit consistency, very easy elimination, very easy clean-up. I was planning that we'd have her blood drawn this morning but she had a hell of a night, although she said she didn't remember it. I'll describe it over at the main journal site. So, I let her sleep in, until I got nervous. Yes, she got her Benefiber®, one rounded teaspoon in her orange juice.

Non-stat Lunch
    Can't remember why I didn't take her blood pressure...oh, yeah. She awoke very late in the morning. I decided to see how long she'd sleep in if I didn't get nervous. I started to get nervous at 1300, though and she was just shuffling into the bathroom when I headed in to awaken her. She stayed up the rest of the day without a nap, surprisingly. We were in the middle of a hot Sorry game when she decided she wanted some lunch. Thus, I forgot to take her blood pressure. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure she had her standard yoghurt, V-8 juice and pickled things lunch.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2025
    Reading:  131
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2024
    BP:  125/56
    Pulse:  62

    Nice looking stats. She had sauerkraut with caraway seeds and polish sausage and 5 radishes for dinner; and dessert about an hour later: A Honey Bear Brownie from the batch I made earlier in the day with a generous scoop of English Toffee ice cream with ground up bits of Heath bars in it. She was in sugar heaven, although she and I both complained that the brownies were too sweet and weren't "dark enough". The link is to the recipe I used; one among many that came up in my search but they all seemed about the same. This recipe was chosen at random. We both remember the original I used to use years ago and of which I've lost track, as being darker (with more cocoa, probably) and less sweet. It was also from the label on a box of Hershey's cocoa. The Hershey's company, though, does not list a Honey Bear Brownie recipe at their site so I guess over the years they've disavowed it. I've decided that I'm going to retry the recipe, when it gets cooler, with about half the sweetening agents and somewhat more cocoa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home