Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1101
    Reading:  110
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1119
    BP:  123/61
    Pulse:  61

    She was unusually easy to awaken this morning. As you can see, she was in the bathroom, seated on the toilet, relaxed enough to have her blood pressure taken 19 minutes after I called her. She seemed to feel good, said she did. Stats look good.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1716
    BP:  108/58
    Pulse:  69

    Blood pressure looks good, but after a promising arising she started to go downhill. Neither of us could put our finger on the problem, even describe its symptoms, and she continued to insist she was feeling good. Then, at 1330, eyes red and watering (not from crying; my mother's not a cryer) she said she felt "awfully tired" and was going to take a nap "whether I wanted her to or not". I didn't stop her.
    I did, however, keep an anxious eye on her during her nap, which lasted three and a half hours until I figured I'd better awaken her just to get some fluids down her gullet. During her nap she slept hard. She breathed hard. She ended up flung onto her back, which is a sure sign that she's not feeling well.
    When I awoke her and was finally able to coax her into a sitting position she said, in a very stuffed up voice, "I think I've got a cold." It's funny; I don't know how many times I've thought she had a cold but was wrong. She definitely has a cold today. I don't think it's just allergies. She was moving like a ton of bricks was attached to her body. She is dehydrated but because her throat is "scratchy", it's hard to get her to drink liquids. I'm performing water torture on her at necessary intervals. She has no interest in TV, she just wants to read her magazines. This is unusual. She ate a light lunch, her usual yoghurt, green pimiento stuffed olives and V-8 juice, after which she announced that she didn't think she wanted dinner tonight. I'll feed her something, probably soup. The marinara I'm simmering can be frozen. We can have it some other time.
    She's staying up. Although she sounds, well, like she has a cold, she says she feels better sitting up than laying down. I imagine it's easier for her to breathe sitting up.
    I offered her aspirin. She refused it.
    Since she's been in a good mood, I joked with her that isn't it funny that she gets a cold the day after we start exercising and walkering again.     Her eyes twinkled. "You know, isn't it interesting how that works out?!?"
    Funny, funny woman.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2049
    Reading:  113
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2053
    BP:  144/67
    Pulse:  67

    Yes, I'll be taking her blood pressure again this evening before she retires.
    For dinner we had home made marinara with lots of basil, sauteed chopped yellow onions, celery, green pepper and fresh garlic and bulk sausage over cheese/garlic ravioli sprinkled with lots of fresh grated parmesan. Her appetite was hearty. She ate a lot. I was very pleased to see this.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2230
    BP:  123/74
    Pulse:  63

    This was actually taken about 45 minutes before she retired and another 15 minutes before her light turned off. I decided, though, if she needed a third lisinopril, it might be a good idea to give it to her before she headed for bed in order to keep her from retaining water. Which, actually, she isn't doing more than normal, but I wanted to keep it down. And, yes, she got a third lisinopril tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home