Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1107
    Reading:  110
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1123
    BP:  126/67
    Pulse:  60

    I'm not concerned about her slightly high blood pressure. She was clearly more dehydrated than hydrated, not retaining fluids; I think she was just annoyed that, here I was again, awakening her before she was "ready".
    Breakfast consisted of two buckwheat berry pancakes I'd frozen from the last batch, three pieces of bacon, pure maple syrup and lots of butter.

BM Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1649
    BP:  109/50
    Pulse:  70

    Her nap lasted awhile. I think she was sugared over from the maple syrup, but we got rid of the pancakes. That was good.
    Lunch was her usual: Yoghurt, five green pimiento stuffed olives, about 1/3 cup of MCS's Bread & Butter pickles and 11.5 oz V-8 juice.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1310: Volume, poor; consistency, excellent; elimination, very easy; clean-up, very easy. I was a little disturbed by the volume. There is the slight possibility that quite a bit of it headed down the pipes before she arose from the seat: Her iron and fiber laden shit sinks like a stone. Just in case, though, yesterday and this morning I been rounding that teaspoon of Benefiber® up to about two teaspoons. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2005
    Reading:  163
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2003
    BP:  132/60
    Pulse:  61

    The blood glucose is still reflecting the pancakes and syrup. We're just about done with all sugar in our house, now, except for raw sugar and Mom doesn't eat that, thank the gods. I'm not concerned about her blood pressure. She was closely focused on a movie when I took her blood pressure and was mildly annoyed that I insisted on taking it. If her diastolic had been higher I would be concerned, but I think her blood pressure just reflects her annoyance.
    My stomach is bothering me again so I ate very blandly. Mom was more interested in something with more bulk. We still had some stuff left from the KFC we had the other day so she ate her last thigh, some KFC mac & cheese and green beans. She was statisfied.
    I won't be taking her blood pressure again tonight. I expect it to be fine tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home