Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  I forgot to take it.
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1348
    BP:  119/64
    Pulse:  65

    Yes, she really slept in this morning. I started calling her at 1130; then at noon, then she asked for another hour, then at 1300 she said, "Wait until it stops raining." It rained all morning until 1330. I called her as soon as the sun broke through into her bedroom, even though it was still drizzling. She was ready to get up.
    I was so concerned about her blood pressure that I forgot to check her blood glucose, although I'm sure it was fine. As you can see, her blood pressure is fine, too.
    Although she is decidedly not retaining abdominal fluids, she's been having a small problem with her right foot being a little pudgy at all hours. Her left foot remains fine. I wonder if this indicates some further minor problems in the lower left quadrant of her brain. Otherwise, she seems to be doing fine and her right eye isn't floating like it does when she really doesn't feel good. She just hates the rain, so I gave her that, today.
    The chances are excellent that she'll only eat two meals today.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2039
    Reading:  123
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2031
    BP:  122/58
    Pulse:  60

    Only two meals today. I think she subconsciously made up for her long night sleep by staying up until just after midnight. She did take a nap but wasn't able to "stay down" very long. Gee, I wonder why?!?
    For dinner she had our usual mac & cheese with all kinds of "good stuff" in it. Tonight I used three kinds of cheese, including Swiss. It was delicious! Although I had been pleased that we'd finished off all the sweet stuff in our house, last night I decided to try my amendation of the Honey Bear Brownie recipe so much later in the evening, around 2330, I guess, we each tried one. They turned out a little too cakey and a bit on the dry side, but they tasted good; not too sweet, very chocolatey. I'm going to try it again soon with a bit less flour.
    Although I forgot to record it when I noted her breakfast stats, her Bowel Movement occurred at 1345 which we were bathing her: Poor volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home