Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1322
    Reading:  112
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1322
    BP:  121/64
    Pulse:  56

    It was my folly, today, to think that since she rose an hour earlier yesterday than the day previous, I could coax her to repeat the same behavior today. Silly me.
    When I attempted to rouse her at noon she flatly responded without opening her eyes, "Another hour."
    She must have known what she needed because precisely an hour later, while I was chatting with the oxygen supply company people outside, she arose, bathroomed herself and took herself out to the dinette to await my return.
    Her stats look good so, despite going through yet another valley of super-prodigious sleep, I'm fine with what's going on.
    I did notice, as she lay down for her nap, that her right eye looks a little blasted but it didn't look that way previously so I'm not worried. I'll just keep my eye on her eye. She's not faltering, nor is she any more (or less) demented than usual so I think we're fine.
    I forgot to put bacon out to thaw last night so we had polish sausage for breakfast. One egg, this morning, for her.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1545: Good volume, excellent consistency, easy elimination, very easy clean-up.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1920
    Reading:  119
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1918
    BP:  127/54
    Pulse:  66

    I should mention that these stats were taken a full 45 minutes before she ate dinner and an hour and a half before she took her pills. Although she did have a light snack of V-8 juice and six pimiento stuffed green olives when she awoke at a little after 1700, it wasn't enough to keep her from getting hungry before I could "legally" administer her last set of pills. So, I took the stats early before I went out to get her choice for dinner, Taco Bell food (a burrito supreme, a taco supreme and half an order of pintos and cheese) and waited until after she ate to administer her pills.
    No extra pills today, by the way, for any reason.
    She remained up until 2245. Her light went off at 2300.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home