Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

BM No Stat Day (my fault):

    Oh, what a night! Mr. Man, our new kit-kat, who has been sleeping through the nights, decided last night was going to be his First Hurrah! He didn't disturb Mom but, well, the last time I looked at the clock (and yelled at him) it was 0559. I was up and down and up and down with him, trying to tire him out. It seems, though, that I actually fed the flames. Mom slept straight through; didn't even awaken for a bathroom break. I finally began sleeping sometime after 0600. I set the alarm so I'd awaken around 1000. I don't remember it going off. I probably turned it off in my sleep. At 1230 I shuddered awake. Mom was still asleep, I was underslept, and decided to take some time to awaken, drink coffee, get things done. So Mom actually slept about 14 hours. When I tiptoed in at a little after 1400, her eyes were open and she was ready for the day. When I approached her with the first Instrument of Torture, the glucometer, she made a face, so I threw stats to the wind for the day.
    The surprising thing, and it's something upon which I commented to her later in the day, the almost 14 hours seemed to really do her good. She was in an excellent mood, not prone to drag at all, talkative, "active" (I put that in quotes because essentially, what this means, is that she made several well observed trips from her rocker to the garbage to throw away Kleenexes), tried to take a nap around 1715 but discovered she wasn't interested, generally had a very good day. I told her, half joking, half serious, that maybe she had gotten to the place where she needed a bit over 12 hours of sleep each night. She, of course, greeted this with good humored agreement!
    We had only two meals, breakfast and dinner, which was home made cheeseburgers on onion buns with asparagus spears and a few Doritos Nacho Cheese chips. She mentioned just before dinner that today might be "a good day for dessert" but was too full after dinner. She retired at 0015. Her light went off at 0030.
    I think, on Friday, I'll do reconnaisance at 1230 but if she resists, I'll let her go until about 1330, in line what what seems to be her increasing sleep needs.
    I also noticed that, since I didn't bug her about drinking water as much, her fluid intake fell a little below (by anywhere from a cup to a pine) the two quarts I try to ply her with but her feet weren't swollen at bedtime so I think maybe I've been a little over solicitous with fluids.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1620: Fairly good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; easy clean-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home