Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1205
    Reading:  113
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1241
    BP:  150/55
    Pulse:  65

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2030
    Reading:  126
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1955
    BP:  116/56
    Pulse:  56

    Today was, indeed, a sugar day for Mom. Breakfast was left over home corned beef hash with an egg and a cherry Danish. She wasn't hungry for "lunch" and I wasn't worried because I knew dinner was going to be a rich tomato/meat/vegetable sauce over just a little butterfly pasta with lots of freshly grated Parmesan and that later I'd be serving strawberry/raspberry shortcake, with home made sweet biscuit for the "cake" part and, as I suspected, she asked to have half & half poured over that. Still her BG numbers looked good, although, actually, I'm wondering about them. It seems that four months after having received a new battery from Liberty Medical for her glucometer, it has, within the last few days, been showing a low battery indication and I just noticed that it fucked up on the day and the time for her readings today. Luckily, I remembered when I took them. In fact, I'll stop and call them right now. Thanks for reminding me.
    Oh, forgot to mention: I gave her a second glipizide at dinner tonight just as a precaution. Oh, yeah. And, I gave her an adult aspirin as she retired (at midnight, straight up, no reading before sleep, tonight) because she was complaining that her legs ached "all up and down", when I rubbed them tonight. We are having a three day snow storm, here, with its accompanying low, so I'm not surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home